Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Learn How to Lose Unwanted Pounds and Lower Your Cholesterol Quickly and Safely

I recently had a health scare. I am in my thirties, I work out casually three to four times per week, and I felt that I was in relatively good shape. My wake up call was when I had my cholesterol checked. The doctor took a drop of blood and the cholesterol reading was a whopping 280! My jaw dropped open and I knew that drastic measures were the first order of business. I was also shocked to learn that I was also a good 15 pounds overweight. Needless to say, I went home feeling depressed and very scared. For the first time in my life, I was facing my own mortality. I have also recently learned that my biological father had a heart attack at the age of 54 so apparently there is a history of heart problems in my family.

I immediately jumped on the web to see if there was anything that I could do to reverse my condition. I should also mention that I have a two year old daughter which was the biggest reason besides myself to get my act together and make changes. What I learned changed my whole perspective. While there are uncontrollable factors that will raise cholesterol such as heredity, the most simple way to drastically lower your cholesterol and lose a significant amount of weight quickly is simply by cutting out sugars and substituting calories. Even my doctor told me that the fat and the cholesterol in my food was the culprit.

He suggested that I cut out eggs and meat. I researched all of my options and discovered that after shifting calories and eliminating a significant amount of sugar from you diet, my "bad" cholesterol levels and my weight dropped significantly within the first week of my new lifestyle. Bad cholesterol is defined as low density lipids. On the flip side, good cholesterol are the high density lipids such as those found in olive and fish oils. One thing that needs to be taken into consideration is the the ratio of good to bad cholesterol's. While the total number may be high, you need to look at the ratio to see where you stand as far as your health is concerned.

After ten days on my low sugar diet and continuing to "shift calories", my total cholesterol dropped from 280 to 150 and the side benefit was a weight loss of eight pounds. Eight pounds in only ten days! I was astonished and I my clothes had a lot more breathing room in them. I also have to tell you that not only did I lose weight and lower my cholesterol, I never went hungry. In fact, I was encouraged to eat several smaller meals during the day. I am now at a healthy weight and my cholesterol is still in safe range.

I have introduced some sugars back into my diet but they are smarter sugars. For example, I now use whole wheat pasta instead of the the white pasta. I also only eat whole grain breads with high fiber. I have found that whole foods actually tastes better and makes me feel better than the other foods I was eating in the past.








I have been very pleased with the results of this cholesterol/weight loss program. I feel good and I continually get complimented on how I look. After achieving my goal, I went out and bought new clothes. I know that if I can be successful, so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment