Friday, June 28, 2013

Medifast Review - Why This Convenient, High Protein Diet is the Only One That Has Ever Worked For Me

First, I need to disclose that I've lost over 75 pounds on medifast, so obviously, I am very happy with this diet and its results. That could influence this review, of course, but, my goal is to give an accurate and complete picture of what my life on this diet has been like.

The Medifast Food: When I was researching this diet, the thing I wanted to know the most was how the food tasted. Luckily, I had a coworker on the diet who allowed me to taste it. It's truly not half bad. The shakes are not at all chalky like you may remember from slim fast and the texture is nice and smooth. The flavors offer something for every one (Dutch chocolate, French Vanilla, Banana Crème, etc.) and are extremely convenient. But, the diet does not consist solely of shakes. There are over 70 choices, like eggs, oatmeal, chili, pudding, protein bars, cappuccino, latte, etc. I eat six times per day and only have to prepare my own "lean and green meal" once daily. There are a few options that I don't particularly care for (the stew), but you can dress up the food up with fat free / sugar free syrups, and fat free salsa, sour cream, and cheese. You can also use the pudding to make muffins and cookies.

Medifast, Protein, And Ketosis: I knew that low carb diets worked for me in terms of weight loss. I had fabulous results with Atkins, but it was truly a miserable experience. I got so sick of eating meat and eggs constantly and I worried about the amount of fat and cholesterol I was consuming. Eventually, I could not take it anymore and abandoned Atkins. However, I knew that ketosis (the metabolic state that burns your body's own fat because carbs are not available) really helped me lose weight and I wanted a diet that gave me the results of ketosis without the pain of a low carbohydrates. I have found that combination with medifast. The system offers snack, comfort, and carb like options that are actually very high in protein, and low in fat and calories, so it is the best of both worlds and what my body needed.

Life On The Medifast Diet: I will not deny that I had a short adjustment period on this diet. Going from aimlessly eating with wild abandon to eating at regular, frequent intervals felt weird at first. I learned the key is to preplan and to lay out all five meals the night before. Having my meals mostly prepackaged and determined for me actually eventually became a relief. I was free to focus my attention and time on other things, like my family and yes, exercise. (No one was more surprised by this than me, but once I started to see results, I actually wanted to incorporate exercise to see if I could tone up as well.) I also started to see food in an entirely different way. I didn't need to think of or worry about what I was going to eat, so I didn't obsess over food nearly as much. Surprisingly, I became fine with eating less and am happy to eat when I need to, but then go on about my day.

Results: Without a doubt, the best thing about this diet is the results. It's been a rare week that I have not lost weight and I don't know any one who stuck to this diet and did not have decent results. I'm getting ready to enter the maintenance phase as I have pretty much met my goal. To sum it up, medifast has been the only diet I have been able to stick with long term. I believe that is because it gives me the ketosis my body needs to lose the weight, but the food I eat to get here is not bad, and is so convenient and frequent it does not feel like overwhelming sacrifice.








Lindsey Price is the webmaster of a medifast review website located at geniefrancisdietreview.blogspot.com geniefrancisdietreview.blogspot.com/ - She is also the author of the free ebook "Getting The Most Out Of Medifast," which includes tips, recipes, motivation and a two weeks free coupon. You can get a docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgbm8qd3_36f8bw7bcs&hl=en free copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment