Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Lowering Cholesterol: The Basic Information

After years of eating the wrong foods, and never fully understanding the consequences of my actions. I was faced with the realization that I had high cholesterol. After my doctor told me this I left his office wondering what I needed to do to change what was wrong with my body.

The first question I asked myself was what was cholesterol? Being a business major in college and having no background in science I started my research. Everything I could find on the subject was either way to science oriented for me or just did not make sense. Overall, after hours of trying to figure things I decided to ask some medical friends about it, and they were able to give it to me straight.

Cholesterol is found in your blood. It is nothing more than a wax-like matter that can be found in fats or in the lipids. Our bodies use and need cretin amount of these cells, however having to much built up can lead to the increase of blood pressure and your risks for heat disease.

Cholesterol is not only found in foods that we eat, but our bodies produce it. Our liver can produce up to 1,000 milligrams of cholesterol a day. And it will get transported throughout your whole body.

Not only does cholesterol get made in your body but it is also found in most foods that we eat. Food products that come from animals, such as red meats. But this is just one of many external sources of cholesterol found in animal foods.

Cholesterol is found in eggs and whole-fat dairy products, including milk, cheese and ice cream. Foods like fruits and vegetables as well as grains carry no cholesterol. On average a person ingests 150 to 250 grams of cholesterol through his diet on a daily basis.

Too really explore this topic more, cholesterol is also known as lipoprotenins. In our bodies there are two types of lipoprotenins there is high-density (HDL) and there is low-density (LDL). These two types of cholesterol in your body are more commonly called ether good or bad cholesterol.

These classifications are hard to remember for many people (myself included) but after spending lots of time talking about this subject with doctors and friends I have developed a way to differentiate the two. high-density cholesterol or HDL is what is referred to as the "Good." I try to remember this because HDL starts with an "H" which stands for heavenly.

At the same time I can remember that the LDL which is the "bad" starts with an "L" for lousy. You might be wondering why is there good and bad cholesterol and why is the LDL so bad for your body. Simply put LDL is the wax-like cholesterol that is most likely to cause blockage of blood vessels in your body. This is bad because it keeps your blood from freely flowing throughout the body, which hinders the nourishment it needs.

HDL on the other hand, is a type of fat helps to remove other cholesterol particles from your blood. It then carries them back to your liver, where they can be processed and sent out of the body. This is why doctors want to get your High-density or heavenly levels up.








Mark Fish has become a nutrition expert the study of cholesterol. For more great information on tipsforcholesterol.com lower cholesterol, visit tipsforcholesterol.com tipsforcholesterol.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment