Friday, April 26, 2013

Diet Plans Comparable to Medifast

I sometimes get questions from folks who want a list of diets, weight loss systems, or health food plans that are like or comparable to medifast. There are many reasons that people want to know this. Maybe they are researching their options and want to make sure that they are making the absolute best choice. Perhaps they've been able to identify what they've liked or didn't like on previous diets and are looking to make sure that the diet that they pick is going to match their personality a little better. Or, maybe they're wanting the cheapest or most cost effective diet and want to make sure that this is what they are getting. No matter why they are asking the question, I always try to give a complete answer, which I'll go over in the following article.

Low Carb Diets Like Atkins Or South Beach: People are sometimes surprised when I list these two diets as comparable to medifast but they really are. Here's why. Sure, this is a low calorie diet and I'm sure that this does help greatly with the results, but I honestly believe that it works so well because of ketosis (which is the metabolic phase which requires high amounts of protein and low amounts of carbohydrates to wake up your body's fat burning abilities. ) I attribute almost all of my success with this diet on the fact that it's a rare occasion that I am bumped out of ketosis and I can see this very clearly by using ketone strips.

So yes, this is technically a low carb diet, but it isn't typical. I had previous success on Atkins but like many people, I worried about fat and cholesterol. Plus, I enjoy protein and meats as much as the next person, but I also like snacks and sweets regularly so I don't feel as though I'm in a rut or am being deprived. And, trying to make regular foods out of proteins gets old. Who wants squash spaghetti or cream cheese based desserts any time you want to splurge?

I find medifast to be preferable to south beach and Atkins simply because I do get to have my snacks and carbs. I get to eat oatmeal and have shakes and chocolate, peanut, or caramel bars. I can also create cookies, muffins and other baked goods from the plan's foods. I like the convenience of having most of my meals prepared for me and while I do prepare one meal each day on my own, I'm eating more regular foods that don't require anything overly special and am not having to try to pass protein alternatives off for carbohydrate snacks and foods. Making each meal without any carbs gets rather old pretty quickly.

Other Prepackaged Diets Like Jenny Craig And Nutrisystem: On the other side of the coin are the meal replacement plans which are in theory similar to medifast. There are a lot of similarities between these happinesslifetime.com weight loss plans. All three mostly provides you with your meals. All three have a low amount of calories and carbohydrates while maintaining a high amount of protein and fiber. And all three have you eating very regularly (from five to six times per day.)

There are some differences in the details, however. Jenny Craig is relatively more expensive (it has sign up fees) and it requires you to go to a clinic for accountability and counseling. You also must buy your meals at the clinic. Some people like this support and others find this to be a bit stifling and too much commitment for those with a busy life.

Nutrisystem, while being very similar, requires more preparation. You are asked to add in sides that you prepare yourself with each and every meal. With medifast, you only have to prepare the one meal so you're not working as hard, at least in my opinion. And you also have less vulnerable places where you can make mistakes of what you are adding in.

Medifast Costs Less Than Most Comparable Diets: Many people who want lists or articles about diets like this one ask because they are trying to save money. But they are often surprised to know that medifast is the least expensive of all these diets. With Atkins and South Beach, you're having to buy a bunch of groceries and need to prepare each and every meal. Jenny Craig charges a sign up fee and their meals run at least $11 per day. Nutrisystem is often around $8 - $10 per day and requires more groceries because you have to add in foods at every meal.

At $8 per day if you are using coupons, Medifast is the cheapest at first glance and also more cost effective when looked at closely because you are only having to shop for the groceries for one meal each day. Whether this turns out to be the right diet for you depends greatly on how much food preparation you want to do and how much accountability and support that you think you want or need.








Lindsey Price is the author of the free ebook "Getting The Most Out Of Medifast," which includes coupons and discounts, a list of all of the food options, detailed information about the diet and how it works, it's pros and cons, having success on it, and recipes for it. To get a free copy (immediate download/no information required), easiest-diet.com/medifast click here. You can also visit her diet review website at easiest-diet.com/medifast easiest-diet.com/medifast

No comments:

Post a Comment